[Mageia-sysadm] Tier1 Mirrors

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Wed May 4 21:58:18 CEST 2011

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 21:40, Olivier Thauvin
<nanardon at nanardon.zarb.org> wrote:
> The goal was to limit the count of tier1 to avoid
> - big bandwidth usage to our providers
> - having a lot of mirrors to contact in case of change on our side.
>
> I don't see interest to have more primary mirror, especially in
> africa or asia.
>
> We are talking about Tier1, syncing from america or europe is not a big
> deal for africa/asian mirrors.

What could we do then to have the current US mirror (ibiblio) sync
more often? Once a day is a bit low a frequency if we want to delegate
more mirrors to it. Or have a minimum sync freq policy for Tier1?

Either way, mirrors policy about Tier1/Tier2 needs to be explicited somehow.

Romain