[Mageia-sysadm] Valstar needs disk replacement...

Thomas Backlund tmb at mageia.org
Wed Sep 7 14:40:44 CEST 2011

Michael Scherer skrev 7.9.2011 15:00:
> Le mercredi 07 septembre 2011 à 11:53 +0300, Thomas Backlund a écrit :
>> /dev/sdb disk needs to be replaced.
>>
>> Type:
>> Device Model:     WDC WD2001FASS-00W2B0
>> Serial Number:    WD-WMAY00339246
>> Firmware Version: 05.01D05
>> User Capacity:    2,000,398,934,016 bytes
>>

> We have hardware raid so this is not gonna be a urgency right now, but
> still. The 2 drives are the same model, so that's not good.

Hardware raid ?  then why are we using mdadm ?

And it's better to replace the disk asap anyway before the second disc
gets into trouble considering the importance of valstar.

> The remplacement would be around 150 euros, and I think we can ask it to
> be sent to lost oasis, and someone just has to plug/unplug ( thanks to
> hardware raid ).

or did you mean hotswap when you talked about hardware raid above ?
(if so we could be nice to mdadm and fail the disk before it gets removed)

But we also should replace the failing disc in ecosse, preferrably by a
raid1 (+raid0) setup.  (and why not the same for jonund when "we" are on
site anyway)

> Who is volunteer ? ( I am leaving for a business trip this afternoon, so
> I cannot do anything until I am back on next week )

I guess this needs to be done by someone in france...

--
Thomas