[Mageia-sysadm] Toys&Tools for Mageia Infrastructure

Kamil Rytarowski n54 at gmx.com
Tue Jan 3 18:24:16 CET 2012

W dniu 03.01.2012 12:49, Buchan Milne pisze:
> On Friday, 16 December 2011 03:20:42 Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> As we all know more important for a Linux distribution than packaging
>> itself is the infrastructure.
>>
>> I'd like to contribute doing some toy projects, that may be useful for
>> the others. Here are some of my ideas (some of them are already working
>> as a preview):
>> 1. *Mageia packages maintainership daily statistics* - It's already
>> working here http://kamil.mageia.org.pl/MageiaStats/
>> 2. *SVN searcher* - Preview is working here
>> http://kamil.mageia.org.pl/svnsearch.cgi - data is a few weeks old,
>> twice synced
>> 3. *Missing dependencies daily statistics*  - to-be done
> Have you seen http://check.mageia.org/ , e.g.
> http://check.mageia.org/dependencies.html ?
Yes I have.

My idea is to show statistics of the number of the missing dependencies
and how they are changing in time, to show which are the oldest - and
therefore need to be taken care. It's interesting if it's really getting
lower before the releases of ISO-images.
>> 4. *Statistics about our packagers* (like https://cia.vc - but more
>> information) - to-be done
>> 5. *Build server statistics* - to-be done
>

>> And a few more ideas.
>>
>> Some of the projects above are more toys than tools, but anyway I find
>> them handy (like the maintainership statistics).
> Well, IMHO, as a maintainer, it would be nice to have a single portal, where
> all the packaging-related tasks could be summarised,
Thank you for your response! You have good ideas!
>   e.g.:
>
> -Packages with outstanding security bugs
> -Packages in stable release with outstanding bugs
> -Packages in cauldron with critical problems (e.g. or other error preventing
> installation)
I miss a web page with statistics on bugs in packages. It would be great
to have a single web page with a list of packages and number of certain
bugs on them.

I don't really understand the word "outstanding" here?
I would have got categories like critical/release-blockers, normal,
enhancement/wish.
Here is an example:
mgaonline (critical) *#1230 #4002* (normal) _#12_ (wish) #23 #231

> -Packages where update is available
This is already done.
> -Unmaintained packages you have committed on
What do you mean exactly and why you need this?
> -Package in backports for a stable release with newer version in cauldron
We don't really need it now, since there are no back-ports. And I
personally would wait for stable 2 then back-ports for 1.
> Ultimately, I would actually want it to have a 'fix' button in some cases :-).
Feel free to implement it!
> I think to get there, we ideally need Youri::Check to be able to write to a
> database, and write one nice web app to present all the information, in
> various contexts (e.g. typical user, contributor, tester, QA etc.).
It's an interesting idea, but I think it's much simpler to make it
currently in a modular way. Later someone can try to join these
building-bricks.