[Mageia-sysadm] Toys&Tools for Mageia Infrastructure

Buchan Milne bgmilne at zarb.org
Tue Jan 3 12:49:49 CET 2012

Have you seen http://check.mageia.org/ , e.g.
http://check.mageia.org/dependencies.html ?

> 4. *Statistics about our packagers* (like https://cia.vc - but more
> information) - to-be done
> 5. *Build server statistics* - to-be done

> And a few more ideas.
>
> Some of the projects above are more toys than tools, but anyway I find
> them handy (like the maintainership statistics).

Well, IMHO, as a maintainer, it would be nice to have a single portal, where
all the packaging-related tasks could be summarised, e.g.:

-Packages with outstanding security bugs
-Packages in stable release with outstanding bugs
-Packages in cauldron with critical problems (e.g. or other error preventing
installation)
-Packages where update is available
-Unmaintained packages you have committed on
-Package in backports for a stable release with newer version in cauldron

Ultimately, I would actually want it to have a 'fix' button in some cases :-).

I think to get there, we ideally need Youri::Check to be able to write to a
database, and write one nice web app to present all the information, in
various contexts (e.g. typical user, contributor, tester, QA etc.).

Regards,
Buchan