[Mageia-sysadm] Fwd: [Mageia-i18n] po files and content-type header

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 18:51:30 CEST 2012

On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 5:37 PM, Pascal Terjan <pterjan at gmail.com> wrote:
> The problem seems to be that this is not an error, just a warning, the
> file is valid
>
> [root at valstar ~]# GET
> 'http://svnweb.mageia.org/soft/drakx/trunk/perl-install/share/po/uk.po?revision=4964&view=co&pathrev=4964'
> | msgfmt -c - ; echo $?
> <stdin>: warning: Charset "CHARSET" is not a portable encoding name.
>                  Message conversion to user's charset might not work.
> <stdin>:5: header field `Content-Type' still has the initial default value
> 0

Oh, thanks for the remark, indeed!

Hmmm, identity-trunk.m.o choked on this very warning and was unusable,
until we detected what was the issue. Could it be acceptable to raise
the check acceptance level, so that warnings block the commit as well?
or will this make the task more tedious for all translators? (I'm not
sure)