[Mageia-sysadm] Just killed my ml setup?

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 8 11:37:51 CEST 2012

2012/9/8 Matteo <pasotti.matteo at gmail.com>:
> On 04/09/2012 09:21, Oliver Burger wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> Google finally switched from "@googlemail.com" to "@gmail.com" as
>> default for Germans. (There was some sort of legal bickering about
>> the name gmail in Germany). I did change that on the old mailman
>> mailing lists and just had the idea to change it on identity as
>> well, but there seems to be something broken now. (Sorry!) Logging
>> in as oliver.bgr at gmail.com shows me an empty list of subscribed
>> lists, logging in as oliver.bgr at googlemail.com doesn't work
>> anymore. So I must have confused something. Could you check it?
>> This might also affect the mail aliases and so on.
>>
>> Thanks for helping,
>>
>> Oliver
>>
> Hi,
> I changed my email and I'm experiencing the same issue reported by Oliver.
> Any help would be really appreciated.

Steps to follow in a logical order:

because you need the old address to unsubscribe/login to sympa.

Step 2: Change your address in the identity page

Step 3: Subscribe to the lists with this new @gmail address.

I have changed to @gmail in general but receiving/sending mails with
molch.b at googlemail.com still works.

--