[Mageia-sysadm] Just killed my ml setup?

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 12:11:41 CEST 2012

Am 08.09.2012 11:37, schrieb Wolfgang Bornath:
> 2012/9/8 Matteo <pasotti.matteo at gmail.com>:
>> On 04/09/2012 09:21, Oliver Burger wrote:
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> Google finally switched from "@googlemail.com" to "@gmail.com" as
>>> default for Germans. (There was some sort of legal bickering about
>>> the name gmail in Germany). I did change that on the old mailman
>>> mailing lists and just had the idea to change it on identity as
>>> well, but there seems to be something broken now. (Sorry!) Logging
>>> in as oliver.bgr at gmail.com shows me an empty list of subscribed
>>> lists, logging in as oliver.bgr at googlemail.com doesn't work
>>> anymore. So I must have confused something. Could you check it?
>>> This might also affect the mail aliases and so on.
>>>
>>> Thanks for helping,
>>>
>>> Oliver
>>>
>> Hi,
>> I changed my email and I'm experiencing the same issue reported by Oliver.
>> Any help would be really appreciated.
>
> Steps to follow in a logical order:

> because you need the old address to unsubscribe/login to sympa.
>
> Step 2: Change your address in the identity page
>
> Step 3: Subscribe to the lists with this new @gmail address.
>
> I have changed to @gmail in general but receiving/sending mails with
> molch.b at googlemail.com still works.

Tmb fixed it for me. And if I'd known in advance, I would have done,
what you suggested.
But actually this should not happen.
Sympa should change the mail address as well, when you do change it on
identity.
I'm not sure about sympa's internals, but perhaps identity should fix
the sympa database, when changing the email address.
I think, the email addresses are stored in a user table in sympa's db
which is joined to the rest of the tables, if needed.
So it would be just one update statement, that needs to be done.
But as I said, I neither know sympa nor identity...

Oliver