[Mageia-webteam] Progress

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 18:52:39 CET 2010

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 17:11, Samuel Verschelde <stormi at laposte.net> wrote:
> I just reacted because rda said "rails or django mandatory", but I'm using
> symfony on mageia-app-db for the very reason you chose rails :)

The Rails/Django requirement was more to prevent a custom/from-scratch
app for that. So yes, Symfony could be an option too among others, but
I would like us to have a hand on different types of framework too.
Not for the sake of having (too many) different technologies, but to
open up the field a little bit; here it is a good opportunity to try
something else I believe.

As for interfacing with other apps (mageia-app-db included), I don't
think it will be a problem, especially if we keep a separate app as an
authority for each topic (here, maintainers<->packages), at least at
first.

Romain