[Mageia-webteam] Domain Squatters

Wayne Sallee Wayne at WayneSallee.com
Fri Nov 12 14:01:31 CET 2010

Romain d'Alverny wrote on 11/12/2010 07:44 AM:
> On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 12:57, Wayne Sallee<Wayne at waynesallee.com>  wrote:
>
>> With Mageia being so hard to spell, I expect there will be some major abuse
>> by domain squatters.
>>
> Google (or some other search engine) is likely to be the main source
> portal to go to Mageia (or direct URLs) so I don't think we're going
> to have a major issue on this, before long. There are far more
> interesting targets for squatters.
>

>> Maybe Mageia should pick up a few domain names
>> redirecting to Mageia.
>>
> What do you suggest?
>
> Romain

That's true that google is, and will be real good at giving people the
correct address. I use google a lot for that very reason when going to a
web site, when I want to avoid the possibility of getting to a domain
squatters web site, or worse.

Magiea seems like a likely misspelling, since mageia means magic. I know
I keep wanting to spell it that way, and have to keep  correcting myself.

I don't know whether it's worth it for Mageia to pick up a few extra
domain names or not. But I thought I'd bring up the idea.

Wayne Sallee
Wayne at WayneSallee.com