[Mageia-webteam] Maintainers db tasks

Kosmas Chatzimichalis Kosmas at mach7x.com
Tue Feb 15 21:31:58 CET 2011

On 13 February 2011 22:07, Maarten Vanraes <maarten.vanraes at gmail.com>wrote:

> Op zondag 13 februari 2011 20:44:36 schreef Michael Scherer:
> >  On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 11:42:06 +0000, Kosmas Chatzimichalis wrote:
> > > Romain, Michael
> >
> >  Romain is out of town until next week
> >
> > > This is a list with the outstanding features for the application, so
> > > if you
> > >
> > > would like to prioritise them would be great:
> > >    - Setup environment for live server (another email to ML will
> > >
> > > follow this
> > >
> > >    one with requirements)
> >
> >  mhh, sorry, but I do not understand this one :/ ( or I do not
> >  understand the mail, is this a
> >  list of feature or a list of tasks ? )
> >
> > >    - LDAP integration (first steps and possible solution
> > >
> > > investigated, but
> > >
> > >    will probably be in next version)
> >
> >  well, ldap integration is required.
> >
> > >    - Compiled packages functionality to be added
> >
> >  Ie ?
> >
> > >    - Searching, statistics and information displayed to finish off
> > >    (currently searching only works for source packages)
> >
> >  nice to have, but imho not required ( ie, less urgent than ldap
> >  integration )
> >
> > >    - Any design work, artwork (CSS, logos) to be included
> >
> >  same as searching.
> >
> > >    - Use of bugzilla for bugs (I think Romain set it up, and I've put
> > >
> > > it in
> > >
> > >    the wiki, but not sure if ready to use?)
> >
> >  I do not understand too, where does bugs enter in the scheme ?
>
> perhaps he means what in maint.mandriva.com "the link to finding the open
> bugs
> for your package" is.
>
> > >    - Input of initial information (source packages - maintainers)
> >
> >  I guess this would be handy, but can you explain a little bit more ?
> >
> > >    - Source of last commit datetime to be discussed
> >
> >  mhh, again, I do not understand the question ( ie, is this a feature ?
> >  ).
> >  There is only one source of last commit, that's svn. Now, this is not
> >  very
> >  urgent. We can add a svn hooks that update the db with REST, so that's
> >  IMHO
> >  easy, but not required.

Since we are probably be redoing it again with the different versions, maybe
we should be revisit the requirements.

Should it be a simple CRUD application, that would use LDAP for
authentication, and have the following entities:

maintainer
source package
compiled package
media

And then add search facilities and statistics?

Maarten, yes I was looking at the mandriva application for some of the
features..

Kosmas