[Mageia-webteam] Maintainers db app questions

Kosmas Chatzimichalis Kosmas at mach7x.com
Mon Jan 24 19:07:00 CET 2011

A few questions about the maintainers db application, that are more detailed
than the initial spec.

   - Do we need first name, surname for maintainers or we would only be
   using email?
   - If we do store first name, surname are they compulsory, or can be
   omitted?
   - Where do we take the information from? Is there a database at the
   moment, that we can take maintainers, packages information?
   - If information is taken initially from another database, where is the
   new information created? Or in other words, do we create new media,
   maintainer, package in the app or is that created somewhere else?
   - How do we integrate with ldap? Would that be used to lookup for
   administration permissions for maintainers? Or would we need different users
   as admins that are not necessarily maintainers.
   - Would the first maintainer be the admin for a particular package?
   - Can the admin of a package be changed later on?

P.S. The link for the staging/test application is here for anyone that
missed it first time (I'm adding it to the wiki as well):
http://maintdb.mageia.org.uk/