[Mageia-webteam] Maintainers db app questions

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 19:35:12 CET 2011

Hi Kosmas,

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 19:07, Kosmas Chatzimichalis <Kosmas at mach7x.com> wrote:
> Do we need first name, surname for maintainers or we would only be using
> email?

Username + firstname/surname.

> If we do store first name, surname are they compulsory, or can be omitted?

Can be omitted. Those should be sourced from the LDAP.

> Where do we take the information from? Is there a database at the moment,
> that we can take maintainers, packages information?

That precisely the goal of this app. :-)

Ask this on mageia-dev@ ml maybe. But try not to overspecify this at this time.

> How do we integrate with ldap? Would that be used to lookup for
> administration permissions for maintainers?

I don't think so. That sort of info would be in the db maintainers.

> Or would we need different users as admins that are not necessarily maintainers.
> Would the first maintainer be the admin for a particular package?

Yes.

> Can the admin of a package be changed later on?

Yes. (maybe you would better store the "admin" flag in the
relationship between the user and the package).

> P.S. The link for the staging/test application is here for anyone that
> missed it first time (I'm adding it to the wiki as well):
> http://maintdb.mageia.org.uk/

Cool. Thanks!

Romain