[Mageia-webteam] [Mageia-sysadm] Viewvc installation

Maarten Vanraes maarten.vanraes at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 19:23:35 CET 2011

Op maandag 24 januari 2011 22:03:35 schreef nicolas vigier:
> On Mon, 24 Jan 2011, Maarten Vanraes wrote:
> > i want svn.mageia.org, so perhaps instead of redirect, you could do a
> > proxypass (with some caching; it's mostly static anyway)? then for all i
> > care, you can use viewvc or something else, if something else is done
> > later on.
>
> Why do you want it on svn.mageia.org ? Unless there's a good reason, we
> should try to keep it simple. And using a proxy on valstar to redirect
> to alamut, which is using a copy of the svn from valstar, is not very
> simple. And we're trying to avoid installing too many things on valstar.

the only reason i want it on svn; is because that makes it all the more
transparent. ie: for users working with svn just means using svn.mageia.org .
if it's svn:// or http:// or svn+ssh:// or whatever.

tbh a simple proxypass on a machine that has apache(if indeed it has.) anyway,
is not so complicated. with caching on it, it would reduce the load to the svn
machine.

perhaps with this setup it would not be needed to have a copy (due to the
caching), but i can be wrong.

in any case, keeping simple is the best option, but i think from user pov
using svn.mageia.org is just simple for them.