[Mageia-webteam] Forums structure : support catregory

planas jslozier at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 03:11:27 CET 2011

On Wed, 2011-03-23 at 00:24 +0100, Maât wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> ahmad(78) and i have had a talk on irc about this part of the forum.
>
> we agreed to disagree on the subject so this leaded us to search for more points of views / comments / suggestions about it.
>
> my first structure was just 2 forums :
> -- Basic support
> -- Advanced support
>
> He pushed 3 forums :
> -- Software
> -- Printers and printing
> -- Networking
>
> Then i tried to use sub-forums under "Basic support" :
> -- Networking
> -- Video
> -- Sound
> -- Printers and printing
>
> What do you think ?

I like the sub-forms you suggested.

I think you could have

    Basic Hardware Support
        Networking
        Video
        Sound
        Printers and printing

     Advanced Hardware Support (for more troublesome problems)

     General Software Support
        Basic how to use supplied software
        Basic how to install and maintain
        How configure firewall/av
        Any other basic tasks a user might find important

--
Jay Lozier
Jslozier at gmail.com