[Mageia-webteam] Request of formal approval for mageiaitalia.org

Romain d'Alverny rda at mageia.org
Wed May 11 21:33:06 CEST 2011

Hi Marcello,

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 17:14, Marcello Anni <marcello.anni at alice.it> wrote:
> i set up a powerful framework for the italian community:
>
> http://www.mageiaitalia.org/

That's cool!

> can we have the official approval by the web-team and a redirect from mageia.org
> to our website? thanks

Oliver and wobo already provided some points about it and I tend to
agree with them. There are lots of things that are waiting for people
to join, help and build under mageia.org.

It's cool and great too to foster local energies in a more dynamic
space (your site), no question about it. But the global mageia.org
effort is in need for joint efforts. So if you feel there is something
missing, even if it may take more time, it's important to take this
time to explain, advocate, and even more importantly, help building
and build what may be missing.

What is "official" is in mageia.org and is, as much as possible,
global, through all locales hosted on mageia.org (and here we rely
heavily on translators and web developers). It's a permanent work in
progress. We have plans. It takes time. That doesn't prevent from
having local initiatives and efforts, but we can't count this as
official if it's not designed thought in a global scope.

What we can do, though, is, as proposed, provide mageiaitalia.org as
the Italian-speaking forum and local community (for support and such)
- that leaves you the possibility to manage it as such. But that
should not prevent mageia.org/it to be maintained as well, and Italian
contributors to help push the global mageia.org thing further ahead.

What do you think?

Cheers,

Romain