[Mageia-webteam] Access to the web svn repository

Catalin Florin RUSSEN cfrussen at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 26 10:51:19 CEST 2011

> While looking at svn repository, I have seen that while we intended to

> have it open to the web team only
> ( http://svnweb.mageia.org/adm?view=revision&revision=1565 ), it kinda
> didn't work due to subsequent changes and let everybody commit there.
>
> So since people in the i18n team expect to be able to commit ( at least,
> that's the impression I have from reading Oliver mail yesterday ), I
> would like to know what should we do :
> - let website be managed like soft/ svn ( ie, all people with shell
> access can commit )
> - enforce the limitation of being reserved by the web team

Well, I'll try to be short:

- let the people who know what they are doing do the things
- but offer a simple and human way to contributors do their work too

So, the more simple thing are for contributors, less headache administrators will have.

Best regards,
Florin Catalin RUSSEN
Romanian Translation Team