[Mageia-webteam] Missing link to forums

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Tue May 31 11:46:46 CEST 2011

2011/5/31 Romain d'Alverny <rda at mageia.org>:
> On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 11:06, Wolfgang Bornath <molch.b at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> 2011/5/31 Romain d'Alverny <rda at mageia.org>:
>>>
>>> Ok, reinstalled these in the nav bar before a wave rises; however,
>>> that doesn't make it less messy. Community is much more than just the
>>> forum, that's the whole project.
>>
>> Romain, I know that, but you spelled it out nicely: "before the wave rises".
>> What does that mean? It means, that there is a demand, be it messy or
>> whatever, we can not argue against the demand of users.
>
> Oh yes we can. :-p That's called finding a better solution. It's just
> that, at this very time, I have in no way the time and energy to
> handle a (heated or not) discussion about that. :-)

No, you can't.
Of course you may win any discussion and of course you can ignore
everything and just do what you want. And you may also call it any
name you want, in the end you have to listen to the user's demands.

> Right, then in this very case, it's not the global nav that counts,
> but the availability of the link on the very first front page. :-)

Well, yes, that would be essential, but having it in global nav would be better.

--
wobo