[Mageia-webteam] italian localisation of the wiki
marcello.anni at alice.it
Fri Jul 20 20:12:27 CEST 2012
Il 20/07/2012 15:43, Marja van Waes ha scritto:
> On 20/07/2012 12:40, Marcello wrote:
>> Il 19/07/2012 19:58, Claire Revillet ha scritto:
>>> Le 19/07/2012 19:37, Matteo a écrit :
>>>> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
>>>> Hash: SHA1
>>>> On 19/07/2012 18:34, Marcello wrote:
>>>>> hi all,
>>>>> i've seen there is available the german version of the wiki. could
>>>>> you add also the italian version? i'll take care about it with
>>>>> Matteo Pasotti (and hopefully with other people)
>>>>> cheers, Marcello
>>>> I have no much time to start working on a localized wiki (I'm already
>>>> overloaded by packaging and by translating blog posts) so don't
>>>> consider me right now, please.
>>>> I think that before asking for the activation of an italian wiki we
>>>> should have enough resources (human) to properly handle already
>>>> existing stuff, but this is my humble opinion.
>> ok, i understand your doubts, but i think that, even if we are a few
>> (and also if i'm alone!), we should open it anyway, because if no one
>> starts people won't join to contribute. this happened with mandriva
>> wiki, when i started alone and in the last times we were 3-4.
>>>> Clarified this I would ask if it is already available a policy that we
>>>> should follow for its population and if someone can point me some
>>> I think the first step would be to come on the doc-discuss ML and
>>> discuss about it.
>>> Wiki translation is to be done in close relation with doc team and other
>>> "wiki workers" will be able to advice you :)
>>> And due to technical bloking actions, no translated wiki can be
>>> officially open yet (but you could begin the translation)
>>> And for the policy : doc-discuss at ml.mageia.org
>> do you mean that before opening it, we must translate everything? i had
>> in mind to translate page per page, this could be difficult to do...
> No, she was referring to the current problems there are. The wiki needs
> to be upgraded, so that we can start using the translate extension.
> However, there are problems with the upgrade.
> Although the German wiki is there, it hasn't been opened officially
> because of the upgrade problem, but also because interlinking doesn't
> work as expected, yet.
> The German wiki was meant to test everything with and get everything
> right, so that the wiki's in other languages will work without major flaws.
so, marja, do you think is it better to wait that problems get fixed? if
there are issues, i can wait without problems, i only saw that german
wiki was up and i thought everything was in place for all the
More information about the Mageia-webteam