[Mageia-webteam] italian localisation of the wiki

Marja van Waes marja11 at xs4all.nl
Fri Jul 20 15:43:22 CEST 2012

On 20/07/2012 12:40, Marcello wrote:
> Il 19/07/2012 19:58, Claire Revillet ha scritto:
>> Hi

>>> I have no much time to start working on a localized wiki (I'm already
>>> overloaded by packaging and by translating blog posts) so don't
>>> consider me right now, please.
>>>
>>> I think that before asking for the activation of an italian wiki we
>>> should have enough resources (human) to properly handle already
>>> existing stuff, but this is my humble opinion.
>
> ok, i understand your doubts, but i think that, even if we are a few
> (and also if i'm alone!), we should open it anyway, because if no one
> starts people won't join to contribute. this happened with mandriva
> wiki, when i started alone and in the last times we were 3-4.
>>>
>>> Clarified this I would ask if it is already available a policy that we
>>> should follow for its population and if someone can point me some
>>> references.
>> I think the first step would be to come on the doc-discuss ML and
>> discuss about it.
>> Wiki translation is to be done in close relation with doc team and other
>> "wiki workers" will be able to advice you :)
>> And due to technical bloking actions, no translated wiki can be
>> officially open yet (but you could begin the translation)
>> And for the policy : doc-discuss at ml.mageia.org
>>
>> grenoya
>
> do you mean that before opening it, we must translate everything? i had
> in mind to translate page per page, this could be difficult to do...

No, she was referring to the current problems there are. The wiki needs
to be upgraded, so that we can start using the translate extension.
However, there are problems with the upgrade.

Although the German wiki is there, it hasn't been opened officially
because of the upgrade problem, but also because interlinking doesn't
work as expected, yet.

The German wiki was meant to test everything with and get everything
right, so that the wiki's in other languages will work without major flaws.

Cheers,
marja