[Mageia-artwork] Previews Icons ??

qbashi qbashi.design at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 23:06:45 CET 2010

*At first yes. But, it's not only about stock icons, it's about icons
for specific Mandriva drakxtools, namely:
 * control center
 * drak3d, drakfax, drakguard, draksnapshots, drakstats,
 * mdkonline, rpmdrake
 * userdrake2
 * transfugdrake

I'm building a script (check git://github.com/rdalverny/scripts.git )
to extract visually all medias (and it's not only about graphics, but
sounds as well). Not finished but good enough for a start. Output
(don't bookmark, this is a temp
address:http://kamelos.com/tmp/icons/report/ - uploading so a few
images may
be broken for now). Patches welcome. We will need to import these into
a separate SVN (or another branch) to check progress.

The result is, there a lot to do, about 1k files to replace (included
multiple resolutions for a same item).

So these are the steps:
 * check what is not used anymore (script to do, checking source tree
for each media reference I guess?)
 * decide what to remove
 * define default media (default dummy icon, background, sound, etc.)
 * replace what is left to be replaced (with existing resources or new
ones to design).

If someone wants to take on these, please step up.*

*
*

*I totally agree it will be a lot off work that is why we must start
as quick as possible .
But we must first make sure that we know what icons to use , i was
allready bussy with my icons and i'm allmost for 75% done with the
icons for control center.
If i knew that Mageia want's these icons i can work further on it i
know what work it is to do i worked for the total theme 1 year on it
all in my free time that  is why we should start .

I'm tweeking the existing icons and making some new icons that
complements the theme .

After the icons are done for Mandriva (Mageia) draktools if you want
this i can rebuild the icon theme G-Xiria i have made so mageia has
his own looks .

Maybe make the same icons for Gnome and Kde ?

I like to take the challenge on me but i can not do this alone if
there are more people to help i can give the source free off my icons
so whe can work further on it.

I can make sure you get these icons on a server i rent .

Greetings Gerdy*

*
*