[Mageia-artwork] logos and guidelines for the italian mageia forum

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 17:42:32 CET 2011

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 17:17, Marcello Anni <marcello.anni at alice.it> wrote:
> except this, i would like to ask you if it's possible to have the guidelines
> and the logos/backgrounds of mageia in order to setup the italian mageia
> forum.

Those are not finalized yet, so we can't provide them at this time.
Especially, there is no specific guideline yet for the community logo.

> i'm planning to do it with the ILDN team, a non-profit organisation that
> hosts all the major distro forums for italy and that can provide an excellent
> quality work and a good visibility for mageia.  thank you

> PS= i've already heard Romain and he said it's ok, trust about me : )
> PPS= the website should look like this www.mandrakeitalia.org

That's a related, but separate issue, but then, we'll assign the
"mageia-it" or "mageia-italia" name to this, to designate the local,
italian chapter of Mageia community.

Using this name will imply several things, among others (and that's a
draft to design as well) (taking the Italian case here, but valid for
other countries as well):
 - following artwork and guidelines provided by the artwork team,
without altering these without the team validation;
 - linking back to http://mageia.org/it/ as for the official
Mageia.org Italian website (from there we will link back to mageia-it
local resources);
 - http://forum.mageia.org/it/ will redirect to your website;
 - (btw, would be nice that mageia.it redirects to mageia.org/it if
you have a hand on it - the local Italian community url should be
http://mageia-it.org/ instead);
 - not trying to impersonate the "project as a whole" identity;
 - cooperating within the local communities team in the project.

That may sound too strict, but these are important items to keep
things square and organized for the future.

Cheers!

Romain