[Mageia-artwork] [Re] Release cycle, support and planning; please take longrer support period

Anne Nicolas ennael1 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 13:31:57 CEST 2011

Le 17/07/2011 13:16, suikerstroop a écrit :
> As a long time linux user I dislike the short support period of linux
> distrubition. I do not want to install every 18 months a new version
> of Mageia. Take an example at MicroSoft with their support for Windows
> XP till 2014. If we want to be competive, we have to support for at
> least 5 years for the LTS-versions and 3 years for the more
> experimental versions. Please consider a longer support period. This
> will be more welcomed by companies and individuals.

Don't you think we do agree on this? Your ideas are great one. We would
love to be able to support this. But what's the point of making such
public proposals if we do not know we have enough resouces? As said in
announcement, we will have a review before Mageia 2 release and see how
it's going. At the moment it's just not possible