[Mageia-artwork] Some creensaver and wallpaper ideas

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 16:04:00 CET 2011

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 09:19, Donald Stewart <watersnowrock at gmail.com> wrote:
> The resolutions are very similar to the KDE4 ones which makes it
> really easy for me as I have already resized and chopped up the
> pictures. I'm glad that the folders for where artwork is stored have
> been standardised, this annoyed my greatly on Mandriva.
> Its seems odd that both 800x600 and 1024x768 have been dropped, maybe
> it is worth adding 1024x600 for some new netbooks.

Yes. I am not sure how to gather stats about this yet but we'll see in
the future.

> I was already considering asking if very is someone who wants to do
> this, and if not I would offer to do backgrounds/screensavers. I was
> also considering getting a contributor account to help out with my
> basic packaging skills.

You're very welcome! :-)

tumbeliina also provided some backgrounds so you may want to check
with each other as well.

> I'll finish off getting the pictures ready, and then post some rpms
> either here or on mageia discuss for people to have a look at and see
> what they think.

Cool! Remember that:
 * those should be under a CC-By-SA license or equivalent;
 * alpha2 contents is due by this Friday.

Romain