[Mageia-artwork] MCC icon (again)

Max Quarterpleen bogusman222 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 14:00:44 CEST 2012

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 2:34 PM, Rémi Verschelde <remi at verschelde.fr> wrote:

> 2012/4/15 Max Quarterpleen <bogusman222 at gmail.com>:
> > Remember, only the square of the page will be visible in the end, and we
> > need 48x48, 32x32 and 20x20 icons and they all need to be visible.
> > So people, have at it! Brainstorm! Do creative things! Try and stay
> within
> > the confines of the color palette and rationality!
>
> Here are my contribution to the brainstorming effort:
>  - one version with the top of the Mageia logo and a gear (the one
> that Max posted earlier) with a few modifications (color, border).

The border gets very distorted with the smaller icons, looks like broken
lines or something.
The gold is nice and stands out, but it also looks like a sun :\

>  - one version with most of the Mageia logo and a wrench as if it was
> used to "repair" or "customize" Mageia.

This runs into the original problem we had, not very visible at the smaller
icons. It's better than what we had, but the wrench also gets a little lost
in a gray background.