[Mageia-artwork] [Mageia-Artwork]Updates and Questions

Sebastian sebsebseb sebsebseb_mageia at gmx.com
Mon Mar 26 03:32:44 CEST 2012

Donald Stewart typed:
> Hey,
>
> Well now that we have a background chosen, I thought that i would ask
> about whither or not there are plans to provide additional
> backgrounds, we could just select 10 or so of the runners up in the
> contest and ship them.
> The same applies for screensavers, although I think that that is
> becoming a little out of date these days.
>
> The new login sound is progressing, I have heard a first sample and it
> sounded good, although I don't know if we will get this in time for
> mga 2 but it will be there for 3 I hope.
Hi Donald

I think the council members at the time only choose a default
background, not sure exactly though. I guess it's up to the artwork team
or council to choose the extra backgrounds. As for how many extra
backgrounds will be included in Mageia 2 I don't know, but I think 10 is
a good number.

I would suggest the artwork team members or council pick backgrounds
they like say 10 each, and then have the artwork team or council decide
which 10 to use, for example. Same thing for the screensaver image slide
show's maybe? Well it seems to say in another email that you have images
for that already :).

Thanks for reminding me about the sound scheme :). I assume your friend
that you told me about before has made the login sound.

Can you provide a link for the sample by any chance, so the rest of us
can hear it?

I think that if he is quick enough in completing the sound scheme, that
yes it can probably indeed be included in the release candidate on April
10th and so also the Mageia 2 final release.

There is time to re do the installer slide show images for the release
candidate, and so there should also be enough time for him to finish a
sound scheme :).

As for having a sound scheme included it will need to be discussed with
the council, something I don't mind doing in the meeting tonight when
probably get an opportunity in doing so at an appropriate section of the
meeting.  They will probably agree on having a sound scheme, and as long
as it's finished in time, I expect it can be included in the release
candidate no problem.

I am not on the council  mailing list yet, and it seems I will need to
be given access to send emails there as the new marketing team deputy
leader. Trish is on the mailing list for example, and she could request
it as a topic to be discussed for this evening's meeting.  Or Max if he
has access to sending emails to the list.

The clocks went an hour forward in the weekend that for me has just
been, but I think it will be at 8pm BST or 7pm UTC or something like
that.  I think that it would be good to have Max at the council meeting
this evening, and you as well or instead.  Artwork team is still meant
to be voting on who to have as the leader and deputy leader, but at the
moment only you two have put yourself forward, and so I think it will be
you two in charge of the team.

 From Sebastian sebsebseb