[Mageia-bugsquad] proposals to improve the triage

Manuel Hiebel manuel+ml at hiebel.eu
Tue Aug 23 16:33:49 CEST 2011

Hi all,

Yesterday was the meeting off the concil,
http://meetbot.mageia.org/mageia-meeting/2011/mageia-meeting.2011-08-22-19.11.html and we have speak about the triage team.

One point is about the things to do to make triage more efficient.
Indeed, there a big part of the that are assigned to bugsquad.

So I will post tomorrow on mageia-dev to discuss about with packager and
other people.

The majority of the rpms has not maintenairs.
For example, to who can we assign installer bug? there is not
maintenairs for drakx-installer-*
The same for Gnome bugs, like nautilus.
Should we add in CC the packager ?

Some bug can be easily fixed. Like 'Mandriva Linux' in strings of some
text file, or other.  For them, Dmorgan created the tag Junior_Job
(https://bugs.mageia.org/describekeywords.cgi) seems similar to easyfix
by Redhat.
For other we need add missing rpm. dkms-syntek as example for no UVC
Webcam.

What can we do for reduce the number of Bugs ?
Have a list of people who can help in solving some bugs. Gnome2, Gnome3,
KDE4, XFCE, Kernel, Web application, Audio, Video card, Firmware, etc.

Maybe we can also create an alias for a group of package ? like
gnome3-maint AT groups.mageia.org.

If you have other things do add don't hesitate.

(And sorry for my bad English)
--
Manuel Hiebel (leuhmanu)