[Mageia-bugsquad] proposals to improve the triage

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 17:33:07 CEST 2011

On 23 August 2011 16:33, Manuel Hiebel <manuel+ml at hiebel.eu> wrote:
> The majority of the rpms has not maintenairs.
> For example, to who can we assign installer bug? there is not
> maintenairs for drakx-installer-*

That's not bad.
Installer is managed by a team (even if recently i was nearly the only
one to contribute).
I've a list of installer bugs that I read:
https://bugs.mageia.org/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=runnamed&namedcmd=drakx-install
https://bugs.mageia.org/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=runnamed&namedcmd=installer
https://bugs.mageia.org/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=runnamed&namedcmd=install-text
https://bugs.mageia.org/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=runnamed&namedcmd=install-stage1
https://bugs.mageia.org/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=runnamed&namedcmd=drakx-installer-rescue

> Some bug can be easily fixed. Like 'Mandriva Linux' in strings of some
> text file, or other.  For them, Dmorgan created the tag Junior_Job
> (https://bugs.mageia.org/describekeywords.cgi) seems similar to easyfix
> by Redhat.

Nice!
Should be more advertized though.
Maybe sharing a prerefistered search would be nice (like the one I share above)

> What can we do for reduce the number of Bugs ?

Agressivily assign bugs to latest package uploader?

> Maybe we can also create an alias for a group of package ? like
> gnome3-maint AT groups.mageia.org.

Could be usefull: gnome3-maint, kde-maint, drakx-maint

My 2 cents