[Mageia-bugsquad] Update candidates waiting for packager input

Samuel Verschelde stormi at laposte.net
Sat Sep 10 00:33:54 CEST 2011

In order to differentiate update candidates awaiting testing and those awaiting
packager action, we will now assign the bug reports to the packagers when we
are waiting for their input.

When doing this, we need to add qa-bugs in CC to the bug report to make sure
we will still get notifications about it, and that above all it still shows in
the saved search :
https://bugs.mageia.org/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=dorem&remaction=run&namedcmd=waiting%20for%20QA%20test&sharer_id=22

This way the state of an update candidate can be identified from the
information in the bug report:
- assigned to qa-bugs and has the validated keyword => ready to push
- assigned to qa-bugs without the validated keyword => update candidate that
needs testing
- not assigned to qa-bugs but has qa-bugs in CC => update candidate awaiting
packager input

In the above saved search, sorting by Assignee will allow to separate updates
needing testing and updates awaiting packager input. Maybe in the future we
can split it in 2 different saved searches if we find it useful.

I see 2 options :
- either systematically assign to the packager when a tester encounters a
difficulty or needs more information
- or only when we have been waiting for more than 2 days

The first option could be more heavy but the second requires people from QA
and/or triage to regularly update the bug reports. As we already do it, I
would choose option 2.

Which option do you prefer ?

Once we have decided I will try to remember to send this piece of information
to the mageia-dev mailing and to update the wiki. If I forget, please remind
it to me :)

Best regards

Samuel Verschelde