[Mageia-dev] would like to join in or at least try

Maarten Vanraes maarten.vanraes at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 19:38:55 CEST 2010

it is my understanding that currently perl-GTK is being used for all
drakxtools. if a suitable perl-QT exists and possibly a compatibility layer in
between (which could work with both), then i see no issue about this.

reading Mandriva's latest statement, they seem to want better KDE integration,
possibly they will not be using any GTK anymore to reduce workload.

We could possibly let Mandriva handle this and get their version of it; or
even work together on that. but _IMHO_, it's not a priority for mageia.