[Mageia-dev] Will this work for a build system?

herman herman at aeronetworks.ca
Sun Sep 26 05:56:45 CEST 2010

On Sat, 2010-09-25 at 10:44 -0700, R James wrote:
> Yeah, if I move the physical server about 2 miles. I can plug it into
> a better ISP.
BTW, I once calculated (test plus extrapolation) how long it would take
to rebuild every package in Mandriva on a low end 2 GHz Celeron server
that I had available and it came to about 80 days.

Usually one won't rebuild every package all in one go, but one has to do
that the first time.  So, a build system needs to be a big ass piece of
iron, otherwise it will be frustrating to use.