[Mageia-dev] So?

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Tue Sep 28 19:42:29 CEST 2010

Le mardi 28 septembre 2010 à 20:27 +0300, Ahmad Samir a écrit :
> On 28 September 2010 20:20, Matheus Santana <matheusslima at yahoo.com.br> wrote:
> >
> > Sorry but, how much time we will still taken to discuss this things and dont do just nothing? I propose to we chose a manager for the project right now.
> >

> > Regards,
> > Matheus
> >

> Well, first of all, who said nothing was happening?? the association
> is being prepared to become a legal entity in France. The
> infrastructure bits an pieces are coming together; actually the French
> guys are doing all the heavy lifting/on-the-ground-grunt-work.
>
> You can expect more formal news/details soon.

To be precise, some people are actively working on getting a place in
datacenter, and some servers. Then we will have to rack them, install
them, then setup ldap, and svn and git, and build nodes, and job
dispatcher, take care of bugzilla, mirrors, various web application
( like the one who manage the maintainers ), likely forums and wiki,
some infrastructure for translaters, create the association, some
mailling lists and setup a organisation ( ie, who do what for marketing,
communication, translation, qa, testing, and using what ressources ),
try to have more server, do some test of iso creation, and ots of
various thing that I left.

Yet, you are right that we should give more information on what we are
doing, we planed to publish the roadmap once we have finished it ( this
and the Manifesto but romain have been working on this since a few days,
and I guess no one would find unusual that such a important document
take lots of time ).

--
Michael Scherer