[Mageia-dev] So?

nicolas vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Tue Sep 28 23:26:54 CEST 2010

On Tue, 28 Sep 2010, Lucien-Henry Horvath wrote:

> The kind of responses I expected was just :
> - Ex-employes are making the governance (oopps, you have responded thanks
> for that ;-) )
> - We have in prevision to make a meeting in 1-2 weeks (or 1-2 monthes). Or
> even : They have no prevision at this time ... because in our bases little
> team no decision is realy take in this sens at this time.

I guess many people will be at fosdem, so there will probably be a
meeting there, but that's still in a long time. Maybe other meetings
before, but not planned yet. The priority is now to setup everything
quickly to have the project running.

> Or look your speach :
> > There's no captain yet. That's why you must put your name in the wiki.
> Of course there are captains : ex-employes !!! Because they are the
> launchers of this movement. Mageia is their baby, and they construct it as
> they want at least the time to build a structure.

The project is being launched by some ex-employes, and also some well
known Mandriva contributors.

Yes, it's not clear who is doing what, maybe it should be explained with
more details in a blog post.

It's understandable that people are impatient to know more about
organisation, how to participate and work on the project, but first
everything needs to be setup properly. Please be patient.

Thanks
Nicolas