[Mageia-dev] Identifying Target Markets

Gustavo Giampaoli giampaoli.gustavo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 17:03:30 CEST 2010

> We do have to find a place in the market slice, or no one would care
>
> about who you are. All-purpose is great, but not for people who is
> unfamiliar
>
> to our distro:
>
> It's too vague and not attractive since no one knows your strength.

I agree. If you have being in linux for a little time, you learn that
all distros are Linux are Linux are Linux. Every distro, with the
right packages, can be whatever the user whants it to be. Maybe some
uses DEB, other RPM, Gentoo uses ports, Pardus Pisi. But these are
small differences. The truth is any linux-based OS can be whatever
user whants.

So, Mageia should say "this is is my target, my zone. I can do all,
but this is what I do best"

Cheers!

Gustavo Giampaoli (aka tavillo1980)