[Mageia-dev] Talk of Browsers

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Sat Oct 2 12:46:24 CEST 2010

Le vendredi 01 octobre 2010 à 13:53 -0300, Gustavo Giampaoli a écrit :
> Why not to use something like this?
>
> http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2010/02/19feb10ou2b4dsdvd.jpg
>
> MS implemented it at Europe because they forced to. We could do it to
> be more "democratic"?

This dialog was a pyrrus victory for firefox, imho.

We have in mdv :
epiphany, midori, firefox, chrome, orora, elinks, konqueror, galeon,
links, w3m, lynx, amaya, dillo, hv3, moblin-web-browser.
And we can add opera, and surely some various enlightenment browsers

When we see how people reacted to the idea of survey, you think it is a
good idea to ask "please choose between 15 browsers" each time a new
user log in ? Should we represent the dialog if a new browser appear ?

Would you find this "democratic" to just choose 5 of them ?

So I say no to this idea. Asking useless questions just add burden to
the user. People that have a preferred browser know how to install it,
those that don't do not care enough.
--
Michael Scherer