[Mageia-dev] Identifying Target Markets

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 3 11:20:09 CEST 2010

2010/10/3 Tux99 <tux99-mga at uridium.org>:

> Germans are used to not question authorities, so this is not strange.
> Different country, different mentality, that's why talking abut global
> PR/marketing strategies makes little sense.
>
> So many global corporations had to learn this the hard way.

Germany is only one example among others.

But I just remember this theory that at the end of the day you can
apply market strategies worldwide only with small adjustments. That's
crap. I know somebody in the marketing dep of a large supplier fo baby
food. They deliver to more than 25 countries in Europe and Middle East
- you know what? They had to implement 8 totally different marketing
strategies for those 25 countries becaus of totally different mind
sets, cultures, religions, family structures, etc.

In general: I do not agree to a specialized marketing strategy with a
comparatively small target group.