[Mageia-dev] Identifying Target Markets

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Sun Oct 3 11:36:25 CEST 2010

Le 2010-10-03 05:20, Wolfgang Bornath a écrit :
> 2010/10/3 Tux99<tux99-mga at uridium.org>:
>>
>> Germans are used to not question authorities, so this is not strange.
>> Different country, different mentality, that's why talking abut global
>> PR/marketing strategies makes little sense.
>>
>> So many global corporations had to learn this the hard way.
>
> Germany is only one example among others.
>
> But I just remember this theory that at the end of the day you can
> apply market strategies worldwide only with small adjustments. That's
> crap. I know somebody in the marketing dep of a large supplier fo baby
> food. They deliver to more than 25 countries in Europe and Middle East
> - you know what? They had to implement 8 totally different marketing
> strategies for those 25 countries becaus of totally different mind
> sets, cultures, religions, family structures, etc.
>
> In general: I do not agree to a specialized marketing strategy with a
> comparatively small target group.

I don't believe that anyone is talking about having a global strategy
for Mageia. The subject line does say "Identifying Target Markets". I
believe the intent was to focus on some groups where there was a
possibility of expanding the usage of Mageia. Adapting to regional
differences would then make part of the target strategy.

Marc