[Mageia-dev] How will be the realese cycle?

Juan Luis Baptiste juan.baptiste at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 03:01:33 CEST 2010

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 7:40 PM, Fernando Parra <gato2707 at yahoo.com.mx> wrote:
> Could we have a different approach?
>
> As a computers professional I love the idea of upgrading my distro's version every 6 months, but as a teacher, I simply can't do that, (maybe I only can do that every two years)

One would be the current community version to give it a name and the
other one would be the long term release, like the corporate
desktop/server of Mandriva.

> But in my two personalities I want (and in determinated circumstances I simply need them) some programs running in its latest versions
>
> A different approach could be a "light rolling distro", let me explain. A distro with a selected number of programs updated regular as their new versions are available.

That's what backports are for, no need for a "light rolling distro",
just contribute and help doing the backports for different Mageia
versions if you really want them. That's what I do and it was one of
the main reasons to become a contrib packager :)

Cheers,
--
Juancho