[Mageia-dev] A new office suite ?

Florian Hubold doktor5000 at arcor.de
Wed Oct 6 21:48:14 CEST 2010

  Am 29.09.2010 21:12, schrieb Ahmad Samir:

>> we can have both packages :)
>>
>> --
>> Michael Scherer
>>
> Nooo! unless you want the guy maintaining the go-oo/libreoffice
> packages to commit suicide :)
>
> (Imagine having two bears running loose :)).
@misc:
If you have ever tried to rebuild/package the whole OOo, then you wouldn't
put that out so lightly. Ahmad really has a point there. Full OOo takes up to 24
hours building time and space requirements are in the region of 20-35 GB IIRC
on a desktop machine.

So definitely every OfficeSuite should have at least a small team of maintainers,
at least thats my opinion, from having helped Ghiuseppe Ghibo ironing out
some packaging/compiling quirks, that was back with OOo 2.2/3/4.
I think it didn't get much slimmer since then.

BTW, i'm all for LibreOffice!

Regards

Florian Hubold