[Mageia-dev] Identifying Target Markets

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Thu Oct 7 13:15:41 CEST 2010

Le 2010-10-07 04:03, Olivier Méjean a écrit :

>> >  Actually, Mandriva did do this, but on a smaller scale, when installing
>> >  the ISO you got the the choice of desktop KDE, GNOME or personalized
>> >  (http://wiki.mandriva.com/fr/Installer_Mandriva_Free#Choix_du_bureau).
>> >  In the personalized section, you could still choose (in my case) the KDE
>> >  but also any other "distro type" of pick that you wanted. It would make
>> >  sense to offer the choices here. For example "Gamer"; "Business";
>> >  "Music"; "Video"; "Education" etc. The users could, at this point,
>> >  tailor the installation to one that would suit them best according to
>> >  their needs. All on one DVD! No need to have multiple type of DVD's.
>> >
>> >  This would be simple enough.
>> >
>> >  Marc
>> >
> something like :http://www.juzt-innovations.ie/fedora-linux-backup/linux-
> fedora-custom-install.jpg

Yes. We essentially already have this with the step in the installation
process at the "Pick your desktop":

KDE(checkbox)..Gnome(checkbox)..Personalized (checkbox)

(Note that on this page I would have a "Help" link describing what each
of these choices represent)

But once inside the "Personalized" section, we could have the extra options.

Marc