[Mageia-dev] How will be the realese cycle?

Sinner from the Prairy sinnerbofh at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 15:23:47 CEST 2010

Marc Paré wrote:

> I have to say though, that after having browsed through the Mdv2010.1
> backports by hand, there is a lot, from a user point of view, that would
> interest users. All of the sexy upgrades to software are there.

That's my point exactly.

IMHO , with backports there is no need for
(light/heavy/overweight/vegetarian) rolling distribution.

As I see it, if you want a rolling distro, just use backports, see if
backports work for you, and if they do not work for you, then explain why
not and why rolling distro will work for you (and how will it work).

I know that rolling distro, .deb, Ubuntu, synergy, SEO, 2.0 et all are
powerfull marketing words. But have no real value added to Mageia.

There is no free lunch! To increase results (rolling distro) one must
increase the work (packagers, QA).

Besides absolute lack of knowledge about backports, I still have failed to
read an answer how backports are not filling the needs for  bleeding-edge
users.

P.S.: Buchan Milne, +10000;  you have your beverage of choice paid by me
anytime you come to North Carolina

Salut,
Sinner