[Mageia-dev] How will be the realese cycle?

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 7 13:55:09 CEST 2010

Marc Paré <marc at marcpare.com> schrieb am 2010-10-07
> I have to say though, that after having browsed through the Mdv2010.1
> backports by hand, there is a lot, from a user point of view, that would
> interest users. All of the sexy upgrades to software are there.
I have been using the backports as regular repos for years now and some
(solvable) version conflicts with kernel modules put aside, I never had any
problems with them.

> I think it would be nice to keep as long as it didn't cause major
> problems with the installation. Maybe an option to "roll-back" a
> software update would be something to consider for users?
That would be a nice feature for urpmi. But it's only useful in certain
borders. Sometimes newer versions are changing things about the configuration
in the user's HOME, the older versions can't work with. So there will be
problems with some packages if you do a "rollback upgrade".

Oliver