[Mageia-dev] How will be the realese cycle?

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 18 10:26:41 CEST 2010

2010/10/18 Marc Paré <marc at marcpare.com>:

> Thanks Michael for the note. This is why I am in favour of streamlining the
> reporting of bugs from the user side and not the dev. Devs should always
> count on seeing bugs reported on bugzilla and nothing more. However, on the
> user side, to keep the reporting of bug flow from breaking down, I suggest a
> two tier format that I discussed earlier. Maybe have a look at this and
> comment?
>
> I imagine that the Mageia devs are interested in hearing of bugs from as
> many sources as possible regardless of user experience.

Here's the place where I may bring back to attention the proposed
system of helpers in the user forums. People who help unexperienced
users to write bug reports and will also help them along if the devs
ask questions during the lifetime of that bug in bugzilla. A user who
has done this once (ideally from the start of a bug until its end)
will be eager to do it again when he stumbles across another bug. He
will also be eager to "teach" his new knowledge to other users. This
way we will get a larger community of "bug reporters" than by any
documents.

There must not be  a fixed "Bug Friends" group, this "mentoring" can
be done by all experienced users.