[Mageia-dev] Mirror layout : Why validate software patents ?

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 8 10:54:42 CET 2010

2010/12/8 Daniel Kreuter <daniel.kreuter85 at googlemail.com>:

> On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 9:51 AM, Wolfgang Bornath <molch.b at googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Oh, really? Some (like Mandriva) do not have such a repository because
>> they do not distribute such software at all, PLF does that for
>> Mandriva. What about Ubuntu? What about Fedora?

> In Ubuntu you have some patented software in the repos.

Yes, I know. The question was: do they have those patented software
within the same repo as all the other software or do they have an
extra repo for that.

distributions who make a difference between patented software and
everything else. Some do not distribute them at all (Mandriva,
Fedora), some have them in an extra repository (Ubuntu).

--
wobo