[Mageia-dev] Mirror layout : Why validate software patents ?

Daniel Kreuter daniel.kreuter85 at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 8 10:59:20 CET 2010

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 10:54 AM, Wolfgang Bornath <molch.b at googlemail.com>wrote:

> Yes, I know. The question was: do they have those patented software
> within the same repo as all the other software or do they have an
> extra repo for that.
>

> --
> wobo

   -

   *Main* - Officially supported software.
   -

   *Restricted* - Supported software that is not available under a
   completely free license.
   -

   *Universe* - Community maintained software, i.e. not officially supported
   software.
   -

   *Multiverse* - Software that is not free.

This should answer this question. This is the default layout of Ubuntu.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Greetings

Daniel Kreuter