[Mageia-dev] Mirror layout : Why validate software patents ?

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 8 18:18:48 CET 2010

"herman" <herman at aeronetworks.ca> schrieb am 2010-12-08
> On Wed, 2010-12-08 at 09:35 -0700, Nex6 wrote:
> > I personally would follow the fedora model.
> Fedora is same as Mandriva and Suse.  See Livna and Packman
> respectively.
We are no company that has to be concerned with selling its product in some
strange country with some strange laws.
So why should one community have another community to build the packages that
may not be sold in the before named strange country?
Let's devide the repos in those packages, that can be distibuted everywhere
and those that can't and let the mirror maintainers chose if or if not they
are willing to mirror the second one.

And if you are suggesting not to provide all those packages (which are mostly
multimedia I think), I'm not with you. I do want a distribution, that can play
my music and videos and so on without having to build the software for
myself...

Oliver