[Mageia-dev] maintainers database

Maarten Vanraes maarten.vanraes at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 09:33:33 CET 2010

Op vrijdag 17 december 2010 23:55:39 schreef Romain d'Alverny:
> On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 23:41, Maarten Vanraes
>
> <maarten.vanraes at gmail.com> wrote:
> > imo, it could be used into mageia-app-db, allthough the purposes are a
> > bit different.
>
> So it should be a separate component.

mageia-app-db does related stuff; but afaik, it only does read operations

> > however, if we plan on using ldap to store the maintainership (it would
> > be more like groups for each package and people being member of it...),
> > then perhaps it should be in catdap.
>
> I'm not sure this should be put into the LDAP, but I may be wrong. The
> data model is likely to change often enough (even if not a lot) and
> queries are likely to be frequent enought, to justify a separate,
> simple db/app for that. But here again, I may not have all the infos.

well, i don't know; in effect; IMHO the model is no more than a groupname with
members in it and possibly an extra attribute that defines the primary member.

if the groupname is equal to the package name; and if they are in a separate
base; then this could easily be used for limiting if that is desired later on.
AFAIK the contents changes and how it's used, but not the model itself.

if we will use ldap as backend, then we should use catdap; if we do something
else; we should have another app.