[Mageia-dev] mageia sound tasks

Tux99 tux99-mga at uridium.org
Sat Dec 18 14:50:28 CET 2010

On Fri, 17 Dec 2010, Sascha Schneider wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I just started to create some task.spec files from the mandriva
> task-sound-studio for mageia.
> In contrast to the former taskfile and to most other linux audio
> distributions I would like to establish a modular system of sound-tasks,
> that help installing packages, but do not install everything regarded to
> sound.
> For I am not a good programmer, I wanted to ask if there are some devs,
> packagers and mageia-fanatics, that are willing to join me on this mission.

Count me in, I was planning something similar too, since my interest is
also mainly in the Audio/Video area, that's also why I registered as a
packager in this area.

I guess once the build system is up and running and we are all set up as
packagers then we can talk about the details, but I don't think it
should be here on the general dev ML, the ML would quickly get
polluted with too many parallel discussions if every sub-group did all
their discussion on the same ML. We could use a dedicated ML (either
an official one or else I can set one up quickly on my server) or even
a simple forum thread on the future Mageia forum.

Don't get demotivated by the nay-sayers that commented on your initial
post, the argument that there are too many tasks is silly, as long as
there is a maintainer for a task package (or any package) it should be
included in the repos (if that won't be the case then Mageia wouldn't be
the kind of open community distro it set out to be).