[Mageia-dev] mageia sound tasks

SaschaS ungleichklang at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 22:39:23 CET 2010

Hi

2010/12/18 yvan munoz <mr.yvan.munoz at gmail.com>

> Hello, just few words to mention the obvious :
>
> 1. musicians are sub-group

yes, but there are more and more musicians that want to use linux. Mainly
IMHO cause ther was a wave of sound apps development started end 2009 /
beginning 2010 that really makes linux more and more attractive to
musicians, naming Qtractor, ladish and even some new native linux VSTs ..
and new LV2 plugs.

> 2. RT-kernel need is a sub-sub-group of (electronic and music) needs

yes, since kernel 2.6.33 the RT-Patch even made my system less stable that
the normal kernel

> 3. Jack works well on normal-kernel now, providing 90% of sound-studio
> usages (really needs of -RT are rares, irl)

Well ... the normal kernel is o.k. exept, that it still has the "Tickles
System" activated. Deaktivating this really boosts the kernel for sound ..
at least in my and other cases I know it did.