[Mageia-dev] help packaging lilypond

andre999 andr55 at laposte.net
Wed Aug 10 07:30:57 CEST 2011

Thomas Spuhler a écrit :
> Thanks for fixing the spec file and submit the package.
> I have a comment and a few questions. First the comment.
> an experienced packager telling someone like me (and others not so experienced
> packagers)  why the package build failed that built just a few month ago would
> have helped learning how to fix things. Now the package is built and I still
> don't know what the error message meant.
>
> why can the scrollkeepr script be removed as not required when it was required
> not so long ago and other distributions use it too. It supposed to be there if
> you have omf files, and yes lilypond-doc has such files
>
> Can you please explain this in more details? I would appreciate it.

The short answer is filetriggers, which are automatically invoked by the build
system when the need is detected.
You can find them at /var/lib/rpm/filetriggers/.

There is a script for the scrollkeeper function.  It was actually replaced by
rarian some years ago, but the old name was kept.  And now filetriggers
automatically invoke the appropriate script when the need for this function is
detected.

Mageia has aggressively cleaned spec files of packages, to remove references to
scripts no longer required.  This makes the spec files a lot easier to
maintain.  Mandriva (from which we forked) contained a lot of unnecessary
script references.  This is probably true of many distros.  As well, note that
each distro has their own set of filetriggers.
So look at our packager wikis, Mageia specs for similar packages, and don't
hesitate to ask questions.

Regards :)
--
André