[Mageia-dev] New version of mgarepo

Samuel Verschelde stormi at laposte.net
Sat Aug 20 19:13:21 CEST 2011

Le samedi 20 août 2011 18:31:26, Michael Scherer a écrit :
> Le vendredi 19 août 2011 à 23:50 +0200, Samuel Verschelde a écrit :
> > Le jeudi 18 août 2011 19:22:29, nicolas vigier a écrit :
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > A new version of mgarepo is being uploaded on mirrors. As repository
> > > for storing binary files has been changed on server, this new version
> > > is now required to continue updating packages.
> >
> > Can you give us more explanations about the server-side changes, and the
> > impacts it can have, especially when using svn directly in existing local
> > checkouts ?
>
> For server side change, I would report you on this thread :
> https://www.mageia.org/pipermail/mageia-sysadm/2011-July/003717.html

Thanks. I read this thread previously but not everyone reads the sysadmin
mailing list and I wasn't sure those were the changes the update covers.

However, I still think that a real announce on the thread would be useful,
explaining the new repo structure, and what it changes to our daily tasks (and
what doesn't change. Currently we can only guess). For example, I don't know
if it changes the way to send new sources to Mageia 1 updates. Ideally we
would have got such a mail before the change :)

Best regards

Samuel Verschelde